Odds are, you have tried the rich, protein packed yogurt that has taken over the world by storm. Greek yogurt has become a staple in households for many reasons, including the health benefits, but here's a couple facts you may not have known already about this creamy snack.
1) Yogurt was actually created by ACCIDENT
Though yogurt manufacturing had evolved over time, milk was originally stored in containers made of animal stomach. The natural enzymes from these animal parts would curdle the milk, resulting in what we now know as yogurt.
2) Greek Yogurt is Actually Turkish
“Yogurt,” unlike many English words, does not have a Greek origin. "Yogurt" is derived from the Turkish word yoğurt, which comes from the Old Turkish root yog, meaning “to condense or intensify.”
3) It Can Help Keep Your Digestion in Check
4) It is a Healthy Alternative for Common Ingredients
Greek yogurt can be substituted for sour cream, mayonnaise, oil, butter and much more!
5) It Has 3x MORE Protein Than Eggs
Some greek yogurts can pack as much as 18 grams of protein in a single serving.
6) It Can Be Used as a Face Mask
Try a face mask of pure plain yogurt. The lactic acid in it is a natural chemical exfoliant that encourages turnover of dead skin cells, the zinc it contains can alleviate acne and skin inflammation, and calcium facilitates skin renewal. Cucumber eye mask: optional.
7) Storage Theory has a NEW Product that Efficiently Stores Your Greek Yogurt