NEW STORAGE THEORY VIDEO SERIES: "Plateable"
Check out our new video series, "Plateable"! This series will be featuring delicious recipes and cooking tips, all from our team at Storage Theory.
Follow our social media pages on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram (@StorageTheory) AND follow our Storage Theory blog, by signing up for our email subscription, for more of our “Plateable” content in the future!!
We’d love to see your slow cooker recipes and/or cooking tips. Share you ideas on social media, use hashtag #plateable, and tag Storage Theory to join in the fun!
Today's Episode is featuring Slow Cooked Stuffed Bell Peppers.
- 1 lb. ground beef (uncooked)
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15-oz.) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes, drained
- 2 c. shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 c. cooked white rice
- 1 c. frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 bell peppers, tops and seeds removed
- 1 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- Plain Greek Yogurt for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine beef with beans, tomatoes, 1 cup cheese, rice, corn, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and oregano. Stir until all ingredients are fully incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff peppers with beef mixture and place them in the Hold & Go Slow Cooker, open side up. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
- When peppers are tender, top peppers with remaining cheese and cover. Cook on low for 5-10 minutes more, or until cheese melts.
- Grab some plain Greek yogurt from your Greek Yogurt Refrigerator Organizer and add a dollop to each bell pepper.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve!